This 4 week course explains the role of human resources professionals in 21st century organizations and is designed to introduce learners to the importance of hiring and retaining the best people.
Effective recruitment and retention of talented persons is crucial for organizations plan to succeed in business, and as such areas of importance include: effectively recruiting, managing, developing, supporting, and working with employees to achieve personal and organizational goals. A focus on an organization’s mission, vision, goals, leadership, diversity and culture will also be explored. Learners will become familiar with basic concepts and methods to hire people who will positively impact customer service, profitability and the overall promotion of a positive working environment.
To facilitate learning the material is separated into 4 topic areas, each having a duration of one week, and presented in a series of highly informative videos.
These videos, supplemented by text and additional resources, take learners through the fundamental elements of effective Human Resource management in organisations, culminating in an end of topic quiz. This ensures comprehension of the course material and later retention so the relevant concepts can be applied in their respective working environments.
What will I learn
- Understand the role of human resources professionals in 21st century organizations.
- Introduce students (Introduction) to the importance of hiring and retaining the best people.
- Define an organization’s mission, vision and goals.
- Explore ways to manage, develop, support and work with employees to achieve personal and organizational goals.
- Learn why effective leadership, diversity and culture are important.
- Realize how the right people can positively impact customer service and profitability.
- Check your knowledge learned about hiring and retaining the best people in 21st century organizations.
WEEK 1: Introduction to HR Management
- An Introduction to Human Resources (HR) Management
- The Role HR Management Professionals
- How HR Professionals Help Organizations
- Know Who to Hire (The Gap Analysis)
- The Importance of Hiring and Retaining the Best People
WEEK 2: Hiring the best people
- The Importance of Hiring and Retaining the Best People (Continued)
- The Organization’s Mission, Vision and Goals
WEEK 3: How to achieve goals through employee management
- Manage, Develop, Support and Work with Employees to Achieve Goals
- Leadership, Diversity and Culture
WEEK 4: Customer service and best practices
- Customer Service and Profits
- Best Practices and Statistics
What's included in the price pack
- Additional reading materials
- Supplemental resources